Bedding plants will give you a decorative summer display for raised garden beds, borders, containers and hanging baskets.
Bedding can be grown from seed, purchased as -plug plants or purchased as pot-grown specimens (often in multi-packs and cellular trays) that are ready for planting.
For our latest blog, Weston Sawmill is going to recommend suitable plants for bedding.
6 Plants Ideal for Bedding
If you are looking for easy growing flowers and foliage, we would recommend one of these six bedding plants –
- Frost-tender half-hardy annuals – This can include cosmos, nemesia, marigolds and tobacco plants which complete their life-cycle during one season. If they are grown from seed they are typically sown indoors.
- Hardy annuals – Hardy annuals can be sown outdoors directly into the soil during the Spring where they are to flower. The beauty of this type of plants is that they can withstand frosty conditions without protection.
- Hardy biennials – These can be short-lived perennials that complete their life-cycle across two seasons. Plants such as Alcea, Dianthus, Erysimum, Myosotis and Ornamental brassicas fall into this category.
- Half-hardy perennials – This type of planting will live for several years, typically flowering from their second season. Examples include Bellis, begonia, Pelargonium and lobelia. You can also grow Bellis, busy Lizzies and Viola as annuals or biennials.
- Half-hardy or tender sub-tropical plants – Banana plants, cannas and palms can form the focal point of a bedding scheme with succulents useful for creating patterns.
- Hardy perennials or shrubs – Add valuable flower and foliage colour throughout the winter with Erica, winter-flowering heather, euphorbia and heuchera. For beds and containers can have agave, dwarf conifers, cordylines, Phormium and ornamental grasses to enhance its appeal.
Bulks can also be mixed with biennal bedding plants and give you a bright combination of colours. We would recommend planting allium, Anemone Blanda, crocus, hyacinth, early-flowering Iris reticulata and tulips.
For Raised Garden Beds Talk to Weston Sawmill
If you are considering investing in raised garden beds to enhance your garden over the summer, get in touch with Weston Sawmill.
Are you a lover of growing fresh produce and flowers? Maybe you want to keep your garden maintained during the last half of the year? Whatever you’re thinking of doing with your garden this winter, don’t let the weather ruin your plans and ensure the best growing results with our raised garden beds in Wolverhampton!
Here at Weston Sawmill & Nursery, we have been supplying the finest products for exteriors since 1993 and understand that gardens are not just to be enjoyed in summer… By working together with us to help keep your outside looking lovely, our raised garden beds are guaranteed to be just what you need to add dimension, style, and shapes.
Achieve Breath-taking Designs with Our Raised Garden Beds in Wolverhampton
When looking for raised garden beds in Wolverhampton, you may be wondering which ones are durable and how can they be used appropriately to suit your exterior… Just a short distance away in Shropshire, you will find Weston Sawmill where you will get an outstanding professional service and guidance from our team to help match your budget.
To make sure our raised garden beds stand out from the rest, we use the strongest wood materials to ensure they last for many years without splitting, cracking, or swelling.
Perfect for achieving better drainage during growing, and ideal for protecting your produce from pests, our supply of raised garden beds in Wolverhampton are a cost effective way to manage your garden whilst adding a modern twist on your design… Get creative with your style and add a whole different dimension to your garden!
Dream Up an Amazing Garden with Our Raised Garden Beds in Wolverhampton
To make sure you are completely happy with our services, our supply of raised garden beds in Wolverhampton can be made bespoke to suit the measurements of your garden – allowing you to create a sleek and contemporary look.
Get the process started today by contact us with your enquires or visit our nursery for inspiration.